I decided that the chrome on the headlights has to go. I want it to be MORE BLACK.
I did some disassembling and cleanup of the lenses and bezels. There was a lot of gunk and grease that I removed, then I did some masking. I hit the lenses and bezels with the same Flat Black used all over the car. I opted to black out the centre stripe of the turn indicator lenses just for a different look. The masking was tricky but it worked out pretty well. My youngest son Eric was very curious and wanted to show off the final product 🙂
Overall, the look of the headlights is improved in my opinion. Now I am rethinking the grille… maybe still too close to stock. I will re-evaluate that later. 🙂