Skip to content

It was a good idea…

Share this!

It’s been a while since the last update, mostly because I was dealing with my daily driver Mazda3 getting fixed as well as being on vacation.

First off, I tried to solve a problem with what I thought would be an ingenious solution. There are small holes from where the trim was attached to the fenders with plastic plugs. I need to fill these with body filler, however it will just fall through without something on the back to patch the hole… but I had an idea! I figured I would cut up some beer cans into little bits and glue them on the inside of the fenders with PL Premium construction adhesive. The only thing I didn’t count on was that the inside of the fenders were filthy and the adhesive takes a LONG time to cure, so the patches just kept falling off no matter what I did.  In the end, I just decided to use duct tape because it was easy and I have lots of it. It will hold on there well enough until the body filler is cured, and I’ll probably just leave it there because why not.

I did manage to use acetone to get most of the adhesive off the doors where the trim was glued. So at least that was some progress :-)

Published inUpdates